We signed up for Boston Organics, which is not quite a CSA. It's similar, though, in that every week a random assortment of vegetables is delivered to the house. Last night I made a delicious seasonal dinner out of them:
- Throw some quinoa in the rice cooker. Remember salt.
- Medium-finely chop ~8 small carrots and ~6 large cloves of garlic.
- Slice 2 normal-size summer squashes.
- Chop the carrot greens like you would parsley.
- Chop as much basil as you can pick off the plant out back.
- Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter and begin to cook the garlic and carrots in there.
- Once they've had their moment in the sun, throw in the summer squash and the herbs. Add another 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook until the squash is translucent.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Top the quinoa with the vegetables. If you like, fry an egg and put it on there. Or consider having some Greek yogurt on the side, or feta cheese on top.